Pages

Wednesday, August 2, 2006

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.

Today I came into "Waking Up With Shakespeare" class ready to discuss Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I found everyone’s opinion of the play interesting. Yet, some could not release the novella from their minds. I felt that somewhere in the midst of it all were those who were lost to the world of the play altogether.

There were several people who did not take yesterday’s discussion into the theatre with them. This caused Hilary to be obliged to repeat information already familiar to most of the room.

Many did not understand the female characters and questioned the loss of Catherine’s eye. I thought it was very clear that her eye was lost in an accost by her brother, but one woman did not see it as I do. Later we were told briefly about Oscar Wilde and The Importance of Being Earnest.


We went to a consort a noon, in which the musician, David Rogers, played the lute and the classical guitar. I found his performance fascinating. His fingers moved very quickly on the strings. He is an interesting looking, red faced man and very talented, He cracked several jokes and his rather unintentional humor made me indulge in his music all the more.

Father and I took a little walk and dropped by the brass rubbing garden. However, there was a pushy woman waiting behind us, and I, not wanting to rush decided to pass on the rubbing for another day.

At 2:00 PM we went to see The Importance of Being Earnest. It was my father' s first time experienceing the talents of Oscar Wilde. I have little to say about it other than it was an utter delight. It is one of my favorite pays and the actors in this production are quite likeable. I had a very good time of it.

We had Mexican food for dinner. Dad had fish tacos and I had the spiciest enchilada I have ever had in my life. Then at 6:30 PM we went to the local movie theatre and saw Woody Allen’s Scoop. It is a very silyl but extremely funny film. I like it very much. I don’t know how Dad feels about it though. He seems spend for the day and has fallen asleep watching So You Think You Can Dance. Perhaps we will talk about it together tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment