Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Play Reading: Unrelenting Relaxation

I had a wonderful experience last Saturday evening. During the play reading of Unrelenting Relaxation at the Fullerton Museum I was overcome with emotion. I am so grateful to the playwright, Amanda DeMaio, and to STAGEStheatre for entrusting me with this beautiful and poignant piece of theatre. I feel blessed to work with such talented artists.


We had a very good turnout for the show. Sitting the the museum gallery among all the stunning photographs of comfort women looking down on us made things more real to me. It is important that we tell their story. There were many crimes against humanity committed during World War II, and it is important that we remember and continue to learn from the mistakes of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment