Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Chili First

I just returned from my first rehearsal of Chili Con Carnage at Write Act Repertory. I was very pleased to see Michael Eiden, my director. He brings such a wonderful energy to the space and I feel completely safe in his hands.

We were also very fortunate to have the playwright at the rehearsal, Ann Gibbs, who is an experienced television writer. Ann was eager to answer our questions and give us some valuable insights. She also presented us with 10 pages of rewrites which dramatically changed my character’s development and the feel of the piece.

I am looking forward to receiving the final script this week, which I hope with remain at least somewhat intact since we have very few rehearsals left. I am continuing to work on my dialect and character development, but have postponed any further memorization until I receive the next set of rewrites.

No comments:

Post a Comment