Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Killjoy closes with the playwright by its side

This afternoon marked the closing performance of Killjoy at the Newport Theatre Arts Center. After a 5 week run I am ready to bid farewell to the murder and mayhem.

I am happy to boast that we entertained the playwright himself, Jerry Mayer and his lovely wife Emily. “You guys did a great job,” he said as we greeting him at the stage door. As a former television writer-turned playwright – Mr. Mayer wrote for such shows as M*A*S*H, The Facts of Life, and Bewitched.

I found Jerry to be a jovial and kind-hearted man. He joked that many of the lines in the show were actually things he had said in conversation – using his own phrases such as “I want to live as long as my taste buds are working,” as dialog.

His wife and producer, Emily stood by with an elegant amusement as we discussed the show. It was truly an honor to perform Killjoy for the Mayers.

As I take a brief break for the holiday season, I look forward to a new year of theatre projects. Let’s make 2011 a year to remember!





[From Lef to Right: Mark Kaufman, Alex DesCombes, Jamie Sowers, Andrea Pacquin, Andrea LaVela, Jerry Mayer, Emily Mayer, Brian Page]


No comments:

Post a Comment