Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Edward II Casting!

On Saturday I attended an audition for Edward II at The Empire Theatre in Santa Ana. Sunday I was blessed with a callback, and to start my Monday morning off right, I received notice that I have been cast as Margaret. The joyfully pleasant Darcy Hogan called me Monday morning to announce my inclusion in Theatre Out’s adapted production of one of Marlowe’s greatest. In addition to playing the emotionally tragic role of Margaret, I will also be playing the messenger! I think the juxtaposition of these roles provide a worthy challenge for any actor. I am excited to begin this journey with this liberating theatre company. This play marks one year of back-to-back productions on my resume! We have our first read-thru this weekend. I am excited to meet the cast, make new friends and work on this fabulous piece of theatre!

No comments:

Post a Comment