Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Springing forward into Marlowe

Yesterday I beat the urge to sleep in on a Sunday morning,” sprang forward”, and drug myself out of bed to do what I love best. Our first read-through for Edward II enthused my desire to get this show on its feet. Unfortunately I will have to guide my way through the next week of table work in order to get to that point. I think the table work will be exciting in itself though, as I will be able to have an hour one-on-one with our director to discuss character. The script diverges from Marlowe’s version in a very sincere and exciting way. Darcy has added language, re-assigned dialog and added characters to create a much improved emotional journey which electrifies the characters of the show. After listening to the readings, I think there is some very strong talent in the show. It is wonderful to have the opportunity to work with fellow actors whom I esteem as my peers. I think it will be difficult at first to get to know everyone, as this is a very tight knit group that seems to all know each other. But I am going to put my best foot forward and try to be as outgoing as I can manage. I am ready to make strong choices and collaborate on this unique look into one of Marlowe’s greatest.

Starting with some Ian McKellen for inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment