Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

WCT's 27th Annual Awards of Excellence

I just returned from Whittier Community Theatre’s 27th Annual Awards of Excellence presented at the Whittier Center Theatre.

I was nominated for best supporting actress for my performance in Almost, Maine. I am honored to have shared the category with such accomplished actresses. My cast-mate, Jennie Silva-Villa received an award for her role in the same production. I cheered and clapped like a proud mother.

In addition to the award ceremony, we also celebrated with a Kick-Off Party for WCT’s 89th Season! We previewed scenes from the upcoming season: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, 12 Angry Jurors , Quilters, and Arsenic and Old Lace. I think I need to put in a word to include some Shakespeare in their 90th Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment