Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Let's Get It Produced!

Ever since my beloved friend, Todd Rew, told me about his ambitions to write a play about Anton Webern I have been filled with excitement. I must confess that I have never heard of Anton Webern or his music, but just the passion Todd expressed for his ambitions to write about him made me believe in his ability to write the next great work of art.

The play, Transfigured Night, has been finished for a while now and Todd has been actively submitting it to theatres in Southern California. Every time I see an advertisement for new plays I rush to relay the message to Todd. I am not sure if I am annoying him yet or not, but I have great confidence in Todd’s talent and want him to succeed. I also believe that he has a very original idea and I am a sucker for historical fiction.

I am praying for good things to happen for him. If you have any suggestions of theatres off the beaten path (because really I believe he has submitted just about everywhere) please post them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment