Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

World Premiere of Edward II

Opening night of Darcy Hogan’s innovative adaptation of Marlowe’s Edward II proved a satisfying experience. I truly congratulate my fellow cast members, dedicated director and crew, for opening with positive reviews. Our small, but eager, audience followed us on our journey through England’s intimate landscapes of passion, malice and vulnerability. Tonight marked the first time I felt the inner truth of my character. When Gaveston spoke to me and touched me, I felt deeply moved. There was a sense of magic tonight that came from just listening to each other – a simple task that is often forgotten and underestimated. My parents, my most adamant supporters and critics, seemed to enjoy the performance. Although, my father did comment on my apparent display of forehead tension (I think I have created a monster!). I suppose I am going to have to focus the emotional angst of my character within the technique of relaxed readiness. With 10 performances left, I intend to continue to make new discoveries and make choices to center Margaret in the world of the play. This week of reflection is sure to further stimulate my creative juices and refresh my focus as I work to fine tune my character with each passing performance.

May 14th – June 5th, Friday & Saturdays @ 8PM, select Thursdays @ 8PM & select Sundays @ 2PM. Theatre Out's home is The Empire Theatre in the Artists' Village in downtown Santa Ana, located at 202 N. Broadway, Santa Ana, CA. Tickets are available online at http://www.theatreout.com/ or by calling the Theatre Out Box Office at (714) 826-8700.

No comments:

Post a Comment